Approximately 20 community members turned out on Monday this week to hear from and ask questions of representatives from the City of Greater Bendigo.
Representing the City of Greater Bendigo were Cr Rod Campbell (chair) assisted by his wife Alison; Cr Mark Weragoda and Mr Darren Fuzzard (Director of Presentation and Assets).
The community attendees included some of Junortoun’s longest residents and some of its newest, with one audience member noting that he had moved into the suburb only months ago. Many members of the Junortoun Community Action Group were also in attendance.
Topics discussed included:
- Playground in the McIvor Forest Estate
- Bicycle and walking trail between Junortoun and Strathfieldsaye
- A second site for a playground in Junortoun
- The safety of Junortoun Road
- McIvor Highway safety
- Signage on the O’Keefe Rail Trail
The Junortoun Community Action Group appreciates the opportunity for close dialogue with City representatives.
A summary of each of the above discussions will follow.
Tags: Community meeting